Saturday, October 9, 2010

Annoying Church Sign

I live in a fairly rural part of the mid-South.  Churches are everywhere, and church-signs are very popular.  I’ve always enjoyed reading the signs and sometimes get a chuckle from the intended humor, or more often, the unintended irony.  But this one just kind of ticked me off:

COC_Sign

I’m mean, do they really believe that a non-believer is worthless?  Or that it’s impossible to be good without god?  The conceit and smugness of these people are boundless.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...and I read this just after making an ultimatum that the next person that asks me with a straight face to prove that God doesn't exist is going to get punched in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was someone got to sign and changed the letters around. The message doesn't quite make sense, like it would if you were trying to make the letters fit a different message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it as a thought in progress... Good without God is... OH

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure someone didnt just pinch the K off the end? no need to jump to defensiveness immediately.

    ReplyDelete